Here are some work updates from my ever-expanding projects list (as of May 2010):
Check out my cover story on philanthropist Dick Holland in the June New Horizons newspaper. Should hit the stands, so to speak, May 28.
Read my story about the Omaha South High School boys soccer team and the “green card” incident in this week’s Reader (www.thereader.com). That same story appears in the new issue of El Perico, a South Omaha dual English-Spanish newspaper that I’m doing lots of work for these days.
My work will be featured in the soon-to-launch Omaha Fashion Magazine.
A story I wrote about Holocaust survivor Kitty Williams of Council Bluffs won a Nebraska Press Association award. You can read the story on this blog by clicking on her name, Kitty Williams, or by clicking on the Holocaust or History categories in the Categories From A to Z list on the right hand side of the blog screen.
My first book, a biography of Mark Manhart, is nearing completion and should be published by early to mid 2011.
I recently wrote a short history of an independent Nebraska movie theater chain.
Soon, I will be working on a book for the Nebraska Jewish Historical Society on Jewish grocers and food wholesalers who did business in the area during the 20th century.
I also have a project in play with Creighton University’s College of Business Administration.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- UNO makes it public: I’m going to Africa with The Champ as a 2015 winner of the Andy Award for Int... leoadambiga.com/2015/05/21/uno… 1 week ago
- UNO makes it public: I'm going to Africa with The Champ as a 2015 winner of the Andy Award for... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1lK9Aoj 1 week ago
- UNO makes it public: I'm going to Africa with The Champ as a 2015 winner of the Andy Award for International… wp.me/pTQQZ-2MA 1 week ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- From the Archives: Peony Park Not Just an Amusement Playground, But a Multi-Use Events Facility
- A. Marino Grocery Closes: An Omaha Italian Landmark Calls It Quits
- Harley Cooper, The Best Boxer You've Never Heard Of
- John Beasley and Sons Make Acting a Family Thing at the John Beasley Theater & Workshop and Beyond
- War and Peace, Bosnian Refugees Purge War's Horrors in Song and Dance that Make Plea for Peace
- Merciful Armies of the Night, A Ride-Along with Paramedics
- It’s a Hoops Culture at The SAL, Omaha’s Best Rec Basketball League
- A Berlin Airlift Story
- Extremities: As Seen on TLC's 'Hoarding: Buried Alive' - Hoarder Mary Thompson Takes Her Life Back One Piece at a Time
- UNO makes it public: I’m going to Africa with The Champ as a 2015 winner of the Andy Award for International Journalism
- Hair stylist-makeup artist Omar Rodriguez views himself as artisan
- Making the Cut: Music video editor Taylor Tracy
- THE GREAT MIGRATION: WHEREVER PEOPLE MOVE, HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
- Civil rights veteran Tommie Wilson still fighting the good fight
- South Omaha Stories on tap for free PlayFest show; Great Plains Theatre Conference’s Neighborhood Tapestries returns to the south side
- Celebrating 90 years, the Omaha Community Playhouse takes seriously its community theater mission
- Paul Williams: Alive and Well, Sober and Serene, Making Memorable Music Again at 74
- Pad man Esau Dieguez gets world champ Terence Crawford ready
- Masterful: Joe Maass leads Omaha South High soccer evolution
- For Omaha Film Festival guru Marc Longbrake, cinema is no passing fancy
- Omaha conquering hero Terence Crawford adds second boxing title to his legend; Going to Africa with The Champ; B & B Boxing Academy builds champions inside and outside the ring
- 452,457 hits