Here are some work updates from my ever-expanding projects list (as of May 2010):
Check out my cover story on philanthropist Dick Holland in the June New Horizons newspaper. Should hit the stands, so to speak, May 28.
Read my story about the Omaha South High School boys soccer team and the “green card” incident in this week’s Reader (www.thereader.com). That same story appears in the new issue of El Perico, a South Omaha dual English-Spanish newspaper that I’m doing lots of work for these days.
My work will be featured in the soon-to-launch Omaha Fashion Magazine.
A story I wrote about Holocaust survivor Kitty Williams of Council Bluffs won a Nebraska Press Association award. You can read the story on this blog by clicking on her name, Kitty Williams, or by clicking on the Holocaust or History categories in the Categories From A to Z list on the right hand side of the blog screen.
My first book, a biography of Mark Manhart, is nearing completion and should be published by early to mid 2011.
I recently wrote a short history of an independent Nebraska movie theater chain.
Soon, I will be working on a book for the Nebraska Jewish Historical Society on Jewish grocers and food wholesalers who did business in the area during the 20th century.
I also have a project in play with Creighton University’s College of Business Administration.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Chili, get your red hot chili. Trinity Lutheran Church, Omaha, 5-7 pm. Support North Omaha Summer Arts. Warm your belly for a good cause. 1 day ago
- GRAMMY-WINNING JAZZ VOCALIST CASSANDRA WILSON TO CELEBRATE BILLIE HOLIDAY AT HOLLAND CENTER leoadambiga.com/2015/02/24/gra… 2 days ago
- GRAMMY-WINNING JAZZ VOCALIST CASSANDRA WILSON TO CELEBRATE BILLIE HOLIDAY AT HOLLAND CENTER -... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1eH45WN 2 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Rich Boys Town Sports Legacy Recalled
- 'A Time for Burning,' Academy Award-Nominated Documentary Made in Omaha Captured a Church and Community’s Struggle with Racism
- When We Were Kings, A Vintage Pro Wrestling Story
- Matter of the Heart: Pamela Jo Berry's Love for Her Community Brings Art Fest to North Omaha
- The Brothers Sayers: Big Legend Gale Sayers and Little Legend Roger Sayers (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- The Tuskegee Airmen
- The Fighting Hernandez Brothers
- Author, Humorist, Folklorist Roger Welsch Tells the Stories of the American Soul and Soil
- GRAMMY-WINNING JAZZ VOCALIST CASSANDRA WILSON TO CELEBRATE BILLIE HOLIDAY AT HOLLAND CENTER
- Nebraska’s Film Heritage presented by Leo Adam Biga: Tuesday, Feb. 17, 6:30 p.m., Durham Museum
- Sex talk comes with the job for Douglas County (Neb.) Health Department HIV-STD specialist Sherri Nared-Brooks
- Playwright turned history detective Max Sparber turns identity search inward
- Natural Imagery: Tom Mangelsen Travels Far and Wide to Where the Wild Things are for his Iconic Photography, but Always Comes Back Home
- BLACK HISTORY MONTH CONCERT DIVA 3 A TRIBUTE TO HISTORY OF AFRICAN-AMERICAN WOMEN IN CLASSICAL MUSIC
- COR BLACK HISTORY MONTH EVENTS LOOK AT AFRICAN-AMERICANS THROUGH THE LENS OF HISTORY, CULTURE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Leo Adam Biga to deliver Nebraska Film Heritage lecture at Durham for Katharine Hepburn exhibit
- Sparring for Omaha: Boxer Terence Crawford Defends His Title in the City He Calls Home
- A Look Into and Back at the Many Diverse Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog (leoadambiga.wordpress.com): “I write stories about people, their passions and their magnificent obsessions”
- See the fireworks Leo Adam Biga created by blogging on WordPress.Com: 2014 annual report for Leo Adam Biga’s Blog (leoadambiga.wordpress.com).
- Faith, Friends and Facebook: The Journey of Camille Metoyer Moten
- 428,922 hits