Here are some work updates from my ever-expanding projects list (as of May 2010):
Check out my cover story on philanthropist Dick Holland in the June New Horizons newspaper. Should hit the stands, so to speak, May 28.
Read my story about the Omaha South High School boys soccer team and the “green card” incident in this week’s Reader (www.thereader.com). That same story appears in the new issue of El Perico, a South Omaha dual English-Spanish newspaper that I’m doing lots of work for these days.
My work will be featured in the soon-to-launch Omaha Fashion Magazine.
A story I wrote about Holocaust survivor Kitty Williams of Council Bluffs won a Nebraska Press Association award. You can read the story on this blog by clicking on her name, Kitty Williams, or by clicking on the Holocaust or History categories in the Categories From A to Z list on the right hand side of the blog screen.
My first book, a biography of Mark Manhart, is nearing completion and should be published by early to mid 2011.
I recently wrote a short history of an independent Nebraska movie theater chain.
Soon, I will be working on a book for the Nebraska Jewish Historical Society on Jewish grocers and food wholesalers who did business in the area during the 20th century.
I also have a project in play with Creighton University’s College of Business Administration.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Growing and engaging with the right tweeps - gained 9 new followers in the past week, courtesy crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 1 day ago
- My Inside Stories leoadambiga.com/2015/11/26/my-… 2 days ago
- My Inside Stories leoadambiga.com/2015/11/26/my-… https://t.co/1liC0SLERL 2 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Alone or together, Omaha power couple Vic Gutman and Roberta Wilhelm give back to the community
- From the Archives: Monika Kelly Recalls her Late Father, the Beloved Clown and Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Legend, Emmett Kelly Sr.
- The Brothers Sayers: Big Legend Gale Sayers and Little Legend Roger Sayers (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- John Beasley and Sons Make Acting a Family Thing at the John Beasley Theater & Workshop and Beyond
- The Man Behind the Voice of Husker Football at Memorial Stadium
- The Pit Boxing Club is an Old-School Throwback to Boxing Gyms of Yesteryear
- Documentary Considers Omaha's Changing Face Since World War II
- My Inside Stories
- RANDOM INSPIRATION
- Leo Adam Biga: My Amazon Author’s Page
- My newest cover story: Two families suffer Omaha’s segregation and waken the conscience of a nation
- SOME MORE OF MY COVER STORIES THROUGH THE YEARS AND ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN SEE JUST HOW DIVERSE MY SUBJECTS ARE
- A LOOK BACK AT SOME OF MY COVER STORIES IN THE READER (WWW.THEREADER.COM) OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS; AS YOU CAN SEE, DIVERSITY IS THE NAME OF MY GAME
- CANCELLED : DUE TO ILLNESS FATHER VAVRINA WILL NOT BE SIGNING HIS BOOK AS PLANNED TODAY
- Joslyn Castle Literary Festival makes it all about Dickens
- Alex Kava Bestselling Mystery Author Still Going Strong
- Hardy’s one-man ‘A Christmas Carol’ highlights Dickens-themed literary festival
- Fairytale Wonder: A Regal Residence in Legacy Villas
- Down and out but not done in Omaha: Documentary surveys the poverty landscape
- 495,686 hits