Here are some work updates from my ever-expanding projects list (as of May 2010):
Check out my cover story on philanthropist Dick Holland in the June New Horizons newspaper. Should hit the stands, so to speak, May 28.
Read my story about the Omaha South High School boys soccer team and the “green card” incident in this week’s Reader (www.thereader.com). That same story appears in the new issue of El Perico, a South Omaha dual English-Spanish newspaper that I’m doing lots of work for these days.
My work will be featured in the soon-to-launch Omaha Fashion Magazine.
A story I wrote about Holocaust survivor Kitty Williams of Council Bluffs won a Nebraska Press Association award. You can read the story on this blog by clicking on her name, Kitty Williams, or by clicking on the Holocaust or History categories in the Categories From A to Z list on the right hand side of the blog screen.
My first book, a biography of Mark Manhart, is nearing completion and should be published by early to mid 2011.
I recently wrote a short history of an independent Nebraska movie theater chain.
Soon, I will be working on a book for the Nebraska Jewish Historical Society on Jewish grocers and food wholesalers who did business in the area during the 20th century.
I also have a project in play with Creighton University’s College of Business Administration.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog: leoadambiga.com leoadambiga.com/2015/03/25/the… 3 days ago
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga's Blog: leoadambiga.com - The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1gjHzuc 3 days ago
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog: leoadambiga.com wp.me/pTQQZ-2Kl 3 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Free Radical Ernie Chambers the Subject of New Biography by Author Tekla Agbala Ali Johnson
- John Beasley and Sons Make Acting a Family Thing at the John Beasley Theater & Workshop and Beyond
- Goodwin's Spencer Street Barber Shop: We Cut Heads and Broaden Minds, Too
- The Two Wars of Ben Kuroki, New Book Out About Nebraskan Who Defied Prejudice to Become a War Hero
- A Berlin Airlift Story
- From the Archives: Peony Park Not Just an Amusement Playground, But a Multi-Use Events Facility
- Robert Duvall Interview
- Ron Stander, a One-Time Great White Hope, Still Making the Rounds for Friends in Need
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog: leoadambiga.com
- Opera Omaha re-imagines the gala with A Flowering Tree
- Chef Jason Hughes setting bold course at Happy Hollow Country Club
- Identity gets a new platform through RavelUnravel
- UNMC makes international eye care a priority through Global Blindness Prevention work: Giving the gift of sight to the world
- Gina Ponce Leads Women On a Mission for Change Conference
- Bomb Girl Zedeka Poindexter Draws on Family, Food and Angst for her Poetry
- Omaha history salvager Frank Horejsi: Dream calls for warehouse to become a museum
- 10th Annual Omaha Film Festival a showcase for indie writer-directors; Patty Dillon documentary about executioners among films to check out
- The Sweet Sounds of Sacred Heart’s Freedom Choir
- From the heart: Tunette Powell tells it like it is
- U.S.-Cuba begin a dance of possible reconciliation
- 437,218 hits