Check out my new cover story in The Reader about Omaha’s African American Empowerment Network. It’s the first installment in a two-part cover series on this nonprofit, grassroots, community initiative to raise the educational, economic, quality of life prospects for a segment of the population that, on average, lags behind the majority population and other ethnic minority groups.
I will soon be adding the story to this blog site, but for now you can find it at The Reader-
Also, I will be using the two-parter as a case study for how I go about doing what I do. That look inside my process will be featured on my Notes from a Working Journalist
Squidoo lens page. Look for an announcement here about it. If you haven’t visited that site yet, you can access it at-
Another facet of my online presence is the new Squidoo lens page I have formed. I call it:
Notes from a Working Journalist.
It is meant to be a kind of diary or journal of my writing life by sharing insights into the process behind creating the projects that pay my bills and feed my soul. Every now and then I will use the page to talk about what’s happening with various projects I am engaged in, providing notes into their genesis, their development, their research, their writing-editing phase, and, finally, their publication. I hope these insights prove an interesting glimpse at what goes into my process as a working journalist.
You can access my Squidoo lens page at:
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Pad man Esau Dieguez gets world champ Terence Crawford ready leoadambiga.com/2015/04/25/pad… 1 day ago
- Pad man Esau Dieguez gets world champ Terence Crawford ready - Terence Crawford of Omaha is a two-time... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1jFDEqP 1 day ago
- Pad man Esau Dieguez gets world champ Terence Crawford ready wp.me/pTQQZ-2Lk 1 day ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- The Tuskegee Airmen
- The Two Wars of Ben Kuroki
- One Peach of a Pitcher: Peaches James Leaves Enduring Legacy in the Circle as a Nebraska Softball Legend
- The Two Wars of Ben Kuroki, New Book Out About Nebraskan Who Defied Prejudice to Become a War Hero
- The Omaha Star Celebrates 75 Years of Black Woman Legacy
- Artist Claudia Alvarez's New Exhibition Considers Immigration
- From the Archives: Monika Kelly Recalls her Late Father, the Beloved Clown and Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Legend, Emmett Kelly Sr.
- When We Were Kings, A Vintage Pro Wrestling Story
- Pad man Esau Dieguez gets world champ Terence Crawford ready
- Masterful: Joe Maass leads Omaha South High soccer evolution
- For Omaha Film Festival guru Marc Longbrake, cinema is no passing fancy
- Omaha conquering hero Terence Crawford adds second boxing title to his legend; B&B Boxing Academy builds champions inside and outside the ring
- Hot Stuff: American comedy classic ‘Some Like It Hot’ pushed boundaries
- Passion Power: Dominique Morgan’s voice will not be stilled
- Opining about the life of a freelance journalist at a conference
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog: leoadambiga.com
- Opera Omaha re-imagines the gala with A Flowering Tree
- Chef Jason Hughes setting bold course at Happy Hollow Country Club
- Identity gets a new platform through RavelUnravel
- UNMC makes international eye care a priority through Global Blindness Prevention work: Giving the gift of sight to the world
- 444,398 hits