Check out my new cover story in The Reader about Omaha’s African American Empowerment Network. It’s the first installment in a two-part cover series on this nonprofit, grassroots, community initiative to raise the educational, economic, quality of life prospects for a segment of the population that, on average, lags behind the majority population and other ethnic minority groups.
I will soon be adding the story to this blog site, but for now you can find it at The Reader-
Also, I will be using the two-parter as a case study for how I go about doing what I do. That look inside my process will be featured on my Notes from a Working Journalist
Squidoo lens page. Look for an announcement here about it. If you haven’t visited that site yet, you can access it at-
Another facet of my online presence is the new Squidoo lens page I have formed. I call it:
Notes from a Working Journalist.
It is meant to be a kind of diary or journal of my writing life by sharing insights into the process behind creating the projects that pay my bills and feed my soul. Every now and then I will use the page to talk about what’s happening with various projects I am engaged in, providing notes into their genesis, their development, their research, their writing-editing phase, and, finally, their publication. I hope these insights prove an interesting glimpse at what goes into my process as a working journalist.
You can access my Squidoo lens page at:
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- My Inside Stories leoadambiga.com/2015/11/26/my-… 1 day ago
- My Inside Stories leoadambiga.com/2015/11/26/my-… https://t.co/1liC0SLERL 1 day ago
- My Inside Stories - My blog leoadambiga.com features my stories about people, their passions and their... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1ymoRMQ 1 day ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Documentary Considers Omaha's Changing Face Since World War II
- From the Archives: Monika Kelly Recalls her Late Father, the Beloved Clown and Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Legend, Emmett Kelly Sr.
- Ron Stander, a One-Time Great White Hope, Still Making the Rounds for Friends in Need
- Canceled FX Boxing Show, 'Lights Out,' May Still Springboard Omahan Holt McCallany’s Career
- RANDOM INSPIRATION
- Life comes full circle for singer Carol Rogers
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Designing Woman: Connie Spellman Helps Shape a New Omaha Through Omaha By Design
- My newest cover story: Two families suffer Omaha's segregation and waken the conscience of a nation
- My Inside Stories
- RANDOM INSPIRATION
- Leo Adam Biga: My Amazon Author’s Page
- My newest cover story: Two families suffer Omaha’s segregation and waken the conscience of a nation
- SOME MORE OF MY COVER STORIES THROUGH THE YEARS AND ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN SEE JUST HOW DIVERSE MY SUBJECTS ARE
- A LOOK BACK AT SOME OF MY COVER STORIES IN THE READER (WWW.THEREADER.COM) OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS; AS YOU CAN SEE, DIVERSITY IS THE NAME OF MY GAME
- CANCELLED : DUE TO ILLNESS FATHER VAVRINA WILL NOT BE SIGNING HIS BOOK AS PLANNED TODAY
- Joslyn Castle Literary Festival makes it all about Dickens
- Alex Kava Bestselling Mystery Author Still Going Strong
- Hardy’s one-man ‘A Christmas Carol’ highlights Dickens-themed literary festival
- Fairytale Wonder: A Regal Residence in Legacy Villas
- Down and out but not done in Omaha: Documentary surveys the poverty landscape
- 495,503 hits