Registration Now Open for Your Journey in Freelance Writing Seminars with Leo Adam Biga: Oct. 30, Nov. 13 & Dec. 11
Registration Now Open for
Your Journey in Freelance Writing Seminars
with Leo Adam Biga
Oct. 30, Nov. 13 & Dec. 11
Follow your passion and write stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions
Sunday, October 30
Sunday, November 13
Sunday, December 11
Each seminar is unique, though some core material is covered during every workshop
Brandeis building downtown, 210 South 16th Street in the warm, luxurious setting of the Community Room
Use 16th Street Concierge entrance between Douglas and Farnam (Concierge will direct you to the elevator to access the 2nd flr Community Room)
NOTE: Ample street parking available or for $5 use the Brandeis parking garage (Douglas between 16th and 17th (car pool and share the cost)
Host Christine Lind will provide free beverages and goodies during the seminar
Join us for this informative, relaxed evening
The seminar is by-registration only:
If you register for one seminar, the cost is: $40
If you register for two seminars together, the cost is: $70
If you register for three seminars together, the cost is $100
NOTE: The registration fee is payable by check only (make it out to Leo Adam Biga)
Mail your check to: Leo A. Biga, 10629 Cuming St., Omaha, NE 68114
Your check must be received before the seminar for you to attend and be sure to indicate which seminar(s) you’re registering/paying for
Register at leoadmbiga.eventbrite.com/
If you know of or are affiliated with a school, church, library or other nonprofit that would like to host a future seminar, please note that special group rates are available. It’s a perfect fit for any group that enjoys reading, writing, books. Call 402-445-4666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What is A Journey in Freelance Writing?
An informal two-hour seminar that discusses:
• How to prepare yourself to be a writer
• What’s involved in finding your writer’s voice
• Where do story ideas come from?
• How to pitch and market your work
• What are editors looking for?
• How to develop and maintain a client base
• Yes, you can supplement your income and even make a living as a freelancer
As an award-winning journalist I will offer my decades-long experience as a guide for establishing a writing career or taking your career to the next level. The conversational, interactive seminar offers plenty of Q & A time.
Ideal for aspiring or emerging writers of: articles • press releases • newsletters • blogs • web content • scripts • books
Book the seminar for your club, organization, school, library or church. Schedule it for your next writing/literary group meeting, festival or conference.
Group rates available.
Thanks for your interest and I hope to see you there,
Leo Adam Biga
- Financing Freelance Writing – It Can Be Costlier Than You Think (freelanceswitch.com)
- How to Get Freelance Writing Clients without Selling (savvywritingcareers.wordpress.com)
- ‘Getting Started as a Freelance Writer’ by Robert W Bly (pacejmiller.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Forget unfollowers, I believe in growing. 18 new followers in the last week! Stats via crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 3 days ago
- Most impactul filmmaker ever from Neb. not named Payne? Joan Micklin Silver. Among TCM's Trailblazing Women in Film. leoadambiga.com/2010/05/18/sha… 3 days ago
- Firmly Rooted, the Story of Husker Brothers leoadambiga.com/2015/09/29/fir… 4 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- 'Lovely, Still' is that Rare Film Depicting Seniors in All Their Humanity
- Gail Levin Takes on American Master James Dean
- Requiem for a Dynasty
- From the Archives: Monika Kelly Recalls her Late Father, the Beloved Clown and Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Legend, Emmett Kelly Sr.
- Timeless Fashion Illustrator Mary Mitchell: Her Work Illustrating Three Decades of Style Now Subject of New Book and Exhibition
- The Pit Boxing Club is an Old-School Throwback to Boxing Gyms of Yesteryear
- Film Connections
- Firmly Rooted, the Story of Husker Brothers
- Father Ken Vavrina CROSSING BRIDGES News
- Jocelyn and Deven Muhammad: Creative Siblings Move Past Labels to Make Their Marks
- Tim Christian: Changing the Face of Film in Nebraska
- FINDING HOME: With its own home, the Blue Barn completes a long road to creating edgy theater
- Omaha’s Culinary Culture Rises: Dedicated Local Chefs Elevate Your Dining Experience
- Life comes full circle for singer Carol Rogers
- My new book with Father Ken Vavrina, ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden,’ officially releases today – August 26, 2015
- Praise for my recent story, ‘Change in North Omaha, It’s Been a Long Time Coming…’
- A NOTE FROM NORTH OMAHA SUMMER ARTS’ Pamela Jo Berry
- Exclusive excerpts from my new book with Father Ken Vavrina- Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden
- Exclusive excerpts from my new book with Father Ken Vavrina: Crossing Bridges, A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden
- 481,078 hits