Media Updates: I talk about my Alexander Payne book on the radio tonight; My cover story about Payne’s new film ‘Nebraska’ is in this week’s issue of The Reader
Be sure to catch my Tom Becka Show appearance from 5 to 6 p.m. this evening (Thursday, Oct. 25) as I talk Alexander Payne, my new book about the Oscar-winning filmmaker, the writer-director’s new film “Nebraska,” and my life as a freelance author-journalist-blogger. That’s tonight on KOIL News Talk Radio 1290 on the a.m. side of things. Omaha actor-radio talent Dutch Haling is filling in for Tom and promises to turn me loose for the full hour. I’m grateful for the opportunity to promote my book. It’s a call-in show to boot, so maybe you’ll want to drop in on the conversation and express your two-cents worth.
Don’t miss my cover story about Payne’s “Nebraska” in the new issue of The Reader. It hits the stands tonight. Check the paper’s website later today to see the story online at http://www.thereader.com.
- Author Leo Adam Biga to Sign His Alexander Payne Book at Various Events as Shooting Continues on the Filmmaker’s New Picture, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne to film in Nebraska (nebraskapress.typepad.com)
- Bob Odenkirk and Stacy Keach Join Alexander Payne’s NEBRASKA (collider.com)
- The Collection Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Moments (aliedwards.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Gained 16 new followers in the past week. I’m growing my account the right way, are you? Do it with crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 13 hours ago
- North Omaha Summer Arts Crawl – Friday, August 14 from 6 to 9 pm leoadambiga.com/2015/07/28/nor… 1 day ago
- North Omaha Summer Arts Crawl - Friday, August 14 from 6 to 9 pm leoadambiga.com/2015/07/28/nor… http://t.co/nPVeLpb7fg 1 day ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Sun Reflection, Revisiting the Omaha Sun's Pulitzer Prize-Winning Expose of Boys Town
- One Peach of a Pitcher: Peaches James Leaves Enduring Legacy in the Circle as a Nebraska Softball Legend
- Master of Light, Mauro Fiore, Oscar-Winning Director of Photography on 'Avatar'
- A Berlin Airlift Story
- Omaha's Pitch Man: Entrepreneur Extraordinaire Willy Theisen is Back with His Next Big Business Venture
- The History Man, Gary Kastrick, and his Project OMAHA Lose Home Base
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- From the Archives: Peony Park Not Just an Amusement Playground, But a Multi-Use Events Facility
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- 465,922 hits