Another sweet endorsement for my Alexander Payne book…
And the hits just keep on coming where my Alexander Payne book is concerned.
On top of Leonard Maltin’s recent thumbs up, we just received another sweet endorsement, this one from novelist (“True Believers”) and “Studio 360” host Kurt Andersen, who has bestowed on us a beautifuly worded and generous statement of support:
“I’d be an Alexander Payne fan even if we didn’t share a Nebraska upbringing: he is a masterly, menschy, singular storyteller whose movies are both serious and unpretentious, delightfully funny and deeply moving. And he’s fortunate indeed to have such a thoughtful and insightful chronicler as Leo Biga.” Kurt Andersen
Thank you, Kurt.
More big news about the book is just around the corner.
The book, “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012,” can be pre-ordered at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
Preview the book at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
Watch me talk about the book, Payne, and his new film on “Heartland Focus” this Saturday, Nov. 3 at 6:30 pm on WOWT.
Listen to me do the same on the current “Worlds of Wayne” podcast at http://worldsofwayne.libsyn.com/
And I hope to see you at my next book event, Saturday, Nov. 10, The Bookworm, 1 p.m.
- I Am Personally Inviting You to My Next Book Event…Sat. Nov. 10 at The Bookworm, 1 pm (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Author Leo Adam Biga to Sign His Alexander Payne Book at Various Events as Shooting Continues on the Filmmaker’s New Picture, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Omaha’s Culinary Culture Rises: Dedicated Local Chefs Elevate Your Dining Experience leoadambiga.com/2015/08/30/oma… 2 days ago
- Omaha’s Culinary Culture Rises: Dedicated Local Chefs Elevate Your Dining Experience leoadambiga.com/2015/08/30/oma… http://t.co/N9yph5uwbF 2 days ago
- Omaha's Culinary Culture Rises: Dedicated Local Chefs Elevate Your Dining Experience - Omaha’s Culinary... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1tCBX1k 2 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Omaha's Culinary Culture Rises: Dedicated Local Chefs Elevate Your Dining Experience
- The Man Behind the Voice of Husker Football at Memorial Stadium
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- My new book with Father Ken Vavrina, 'Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden,' officially releases today – August 26, 2015
- Life comes full circle for singer Carol Rogers
- Click Westin, Back in the Screenwriting Game Again at Age 83
- Coloring History, A Long, Hard Road for UNO Black Studies
- The Two Wars of Ben Kuroki, New Book Out About Nebraskan Who Defied Prejudice to Become a War Hero
- Back in the Day, Native Omaha Days is Reunion, Homecoming, Heritage Celebration and Party All in One
- Lauro Play 'A Piece of My Heart' Dramatizes the Role of Women in War Zones
- 474,066 hits