Another sweet endorsement for my Alexander Payne book…
And the hits just keep on coming where my Alexander Payne book is concerned.
On top of Leonard Maltin’s recent thumbs up, we just received another sweet endorsement, this one from novelist (“True Believers”) and “Studio 360″ host Kurt Andersen, who has bestowed on us a beautifuly worded and generous statement of support:
“I’d be an Alexander Payne fan even if we didn’t share a Nebraska upbringing: he is a masterly, menschy, singular storyteller whose movies are both serious and unpretentious, delightfully funny and deeply moving. And he’s fortunate indeed to have such a thoughtful and insightful chronicler as Leo Biga.” Kurt Andersen
Thank you, Kurt.
More big news about the book is just around the corner.
The book, “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012,” can be pre-ordered at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
Preview the book at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
Watch me talk about the book, Payne, and his new film on “Heartland Focus” this Saturday, Nov. 3 at 6:30 pm on WOWT.
Listen to me do the same on the current “Worlds of Wayne” podcast at http://worldsofwayne.libsyn.com/
And I hope to see you at my next book event, Saturday, Nov. 10, The Bookworm, 1 p.m.
- I Am Personally Inviting You to My Next Book Event…Sat. Nov. 10 at The Bookworm, 1 pm (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Author Leo Adam Biga to Sign His Alexander Payne Book at Various Events as Shooting Continues on the Filmmaker’s New Picture, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- UNO makes it public: I’m going to Africa with The Champ as a 2015 winner of the Andy Award for Int... leoadambiga.com/2015/05/21/uno… 1 day ago
- UNO makes it public: I'm going to Africa with The Champ as a 2015 winner of the Andy Award for... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1lK9Aoj 1 day ago
- UNO makes it public: I'm going to Africa with The Champ as a 2015 winner of the Andy Award for International… wp.me/pTQQZ-2MA 1 day ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- UNO makes it public: I'm going to Africa with The Champ as a 2015 winner of the Andy Award for International Journalism
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- When We Were Kings, A Vintage Pro Wrestling Story
- Free Radical Ernie Chambers the Subject of New Biography by Author Tekla Agbala Ali Johnson
- The Magical Mystery Tour of Omaha's Magic Theatre, a Megan Terry and Jo Ann Schmidman Production
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Home Boy Nicholas D'Agosto Makes Good on the Start 'Election' Gave Him; Nails Small But Showy Part in New Indie Flick 'Dirty Girl'
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- Omaha's Own American Gangster, Clyde Waller
- UNO makes it public: I’m going to Africa with The Champ as a 2015 winner of the Andy Award for International Journalism
- Hair stylist-makeup artist Omar Rodriguez views himself as artisan
- Making the Cut: Music video editor Taylor Tracy
- THE GREAT MIGRATION: WHEREVER PEOPLE MOVE, HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
- Civil rights veteran Tommie Wilson still fighting the good fight
- South Omaha Stories on tap for free PlayFest show; Great Plains Theatre Conference’s Neighborhood Tapestries returns to the south side
- Celebrating 90 years, the Omaha Community Playhouse takes seriously its community theater mission
- Paul Williams: Alive and Well, Sober and Serene, Making Memorable Music Again at 74
- Pad man Esau Dieguez gets world champ Terence Crawford ready
- Masterful: Joe Maass leads Omaha South High soccer evolution
- For Omaha Film Festival guru Marc Longbrake, cinema is no passing fancy
- Omaha conquering hero Terence Crawford adds second boxing title to his legend; Going to Africa with The Champ; B & B Boxing Academy builds champions inside and outside the ring
- 450,697 hits