Get Your Greek On at My Next Alexander Payne Book Event
I am personally inviting you to attend my next Alexander Payne book event:
Friday, Nov. 16, St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, 6:30 pm 602 Park Avenue,
George and Peggy Payne Community Center (lower level, south entrance)
I will be signing copies of “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012.”
Yummy Greek treats served.
Come mingle with Omaha’s Greek American community and enjoy the splendor of this recently restored Byzantine-style edifice. This is the very church the filmmaker and his family belong to. His grandfather helped found it.
I will talk a bit about Payne and the book and I will personally sign copies.
Hope to see you there.
Here’s what others are saying about the book:
“Leo Biga, through his extraordinary talent with words, brings us a fascinating, comprehensive, insightful portrait of the work and artistry of Alexander Payne. Mr. Biga’s collection of essays document the evolution and growth of this significant American filmmaker and he includes relevant historical context of the old Hollywood and the new. His keen reporter’s eye gives the reader an exciting journey into the art of telling stories on film.” –Ron Hull, Nebraska Educational Television, UNL emeritus professor of broadcasting, author of the new memoir, “Backstage”
“I’d be an Alexander Payne fan even if we didn’t share a Nebraska upbringing: he is a masterly, menschy, singular storyteller whose movies are both serious and unpretentious, delightfully funny and deeply moving. And he’s fortunate indeed to have such a thoughtful and insightful chronicler as Leo Biga.” –Kurt Andersen, novelist (“True Believers”) and “Studio 360″ host
“Alexander Payne is one of American cinema’s leading lights. How fortunate we are that Leo Biga has chronicled his rise to success so thoroughly.” –Leonard Maltin, national film critic and best-selling author
Buy a copy or two or three. The book makes a great gift for the film lover in your life.
More about the book at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
Preview the book at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
- Alexander Payne book news (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Another sweet endorsement for my Alexander Payne book… (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog: leoadambiga.com leoadambiga.com/2015/03/25/the… 1 day ago
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga's Blog: leoadambiga.com - The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1gjHzuc 1 day ago
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog: leoadambiga.com wp.me/pTQQZ-2Kl 1 day ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Free Radical Ernie Chambers the Subject of New Biography by Author Tekla Agbala Ali Johnson
- John Beasley and Sons Make Acting a Family Thing at the John Beasley Theater & Workshop and Beyond
- Goodwin's Spencer Street Barber Shop: We Cut Heads and Broaden Minds, Too
- The Brothers Sayers: Big Legend Gale Sayers and Little Legend Roger Sayers (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- The Two Wars of Ben Kuroki, New Book Out About Nebraskan Who Defied Prejudice to Become a War Hero
- Leo Greenbaum is Collector of Collectors of Jewish Artifacts at YIVO Institute
- A Berlin Airlift Story
- Alexander Payne's New Film 'Nebraska' Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog: leoadambiga.com
- Opera Omaha re-imagines the gala with A Flowering Tree
- Chef Jason Hughes setting bold course at Happy Hollow Country Club
- Identity gets a new platform through RavelUnravel
- UNMC makes international eye care a priority through Global Blindness Prevention work: Giving the gift of sight to the world
- Gina Ponce Leads Women On a Mission for Change Conference
- Bomb Girl Zedeka Poindexter Draws on Family, Food and Angst for her Poetry
- Omaha history salvager Frank Horejsi: Dream calls for warehouse to become a museum
- 10th Annual Omaha Film Festival a showcase for indie writer-directors; Patty Dillon documentary about executioners among films to check out
- The Sweet Sounds of Sacred Heart’s Freedom Choir
- From the heart: Tunette Powell tells it like it is
- U.S.-Cuba begin a dance of possible reconciliation
- 436,831 hits