Come to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing at KANEKO-
You are cordially invited to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing-
Wednesday Words Reading Series Featuring Leo Adam Biga
12:00pm until 1:00pm
KANEKO-UNO Library, 12th and Jones St.
I will talk about my book “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film,” describe my years writing about the filmmaker, and assess his new film “Nebraska.” A Q&A and signing follow. The book is only $20 and it makes a great Christmas gift.
Hope to see you there.HERE’S HOW THEY’RE PROMOTING MY APPEARANCE-
Our Featured Writer: Leo Adam BigaAward-winning Omaha journalist Leo Adam Biga has adapted his extensive body of work about acclaimed filmmaker Alexander Payne into a new book. “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” is a compilation of Biga’s many articles about the writer-director over a 16-year period. The book places readers deep inside Payne’s creative process and follows the progress of the cinema artist’s Oscar-winning career. Biga will share insights gleaned from visits to Payne’s sets and from a recent glimpse at the final edit-mix process on the filmmaker’s new feature, “Nebraska.” Biga’s one of the few outside the filmmaker’s inner circle and select festival audiences to have seen the film in its entirety before the Nov. 15 national release. The book is a must read for Payne fans and film buffs. Book signing to follow presentation. Sample the author’s work at leoadambiga.wordpress.com.
ABOUT WEDNESDAY WORDS
Wednesday Words originated in 2009 as a special reading series featuring award-winning writers from the Nebraska Arts Council’s Individual Artist Fellowship in Literature program, sponsored by the Nebraska Arts Council and Nebraska independent publisher, The Backwaters Press.
Spend your lunch hour at our final reading of 2013 with Leo Adam Biga. Treat yourself to a feast for your ears as you listen to some of the finest in Nebraska writing.
FREE and open to the public.
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ author Leo Adam Biga doing book events Nov. 19, Nov. 23, Nov. 26, Dec. 3 and Dec. 11 (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Casting director John Jackson helps build Alexander Payne’s film worlds (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s New Film ‘Nebraska’ Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Local Color: Alexander Payne and Co. Mine the Prairie Poetry of His Home State in the New American Gothic Film, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Opining about the life of a freelance journalist at a conference - Mike Whye and I did a panel on freelance... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1gzZ_nb 4 days ago
- Opining about the life of a freelance journalist at a conference wp.me/pTQQZ-2Kn 4 days ago
- Opining about the life of a freelance journalist at a conference leoadambiga.com/2015/03/28/opi… 4 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- A Berlin Airlift Story
- Lauro Play 'A Piece of My Heart' Dramatizes the Role of Women in War Zones
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- From the Archives: Peony Park Not Just an Amusement Playground, But a Multi-Use Events Facility
- The Two Wars of Ben Kuroki, New Book Out About Nebraskan Who Defied Prejudice to Become a War Hero
- Allan Noddle’s Food Industry Adventures Show Him the World
- Wright On, Adam Wright Has it All Figured Out Both On and Off the Football Field
- Kooky Swoosie: Actress Swoosie Kurtz Conquers Broadway, Film, Television
- Opining about the life of a freelance journalist at a conference
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog: leoadambiga.com
- Opera Omaha re-imagines the gala with A Flowering Tree
- Chef Jason Hughes setting bold course at Happy Hollow Country Club
- Identity gets a new platform through RavelUnravel
- UNMC makes international eye care a priority through Global Blindness Prevention work: Giving the gift of sight to the world
- Gina Ponce Leads Women On a Mission for Change Conference
- Bomb Girl Zedeka Poindexter Draws on Family, Food and Angst for her Poetry
- Omaha history salvager Frank Horejsi: Dream calls for warehouse to become a museum
- 10th Annual Omaha Film Festival a showcase for indie writer-directors; Patty Dillon documentary about executioners among films to check out
- The Sweet Sounds of Sacred Heart’s Freedom Choir
- From the heart: Tunette Powell tells it like it is
- 438,487 hits