Come to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing at KANEKO-
You are cordially invited to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing-
Wednesday Words Reading Series Featuring Leo Adam Biga
12:00pm until 1:00pm
KANEKO-UNO Library, 12th and Jones St.
I will talk about my book “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film,” describe my years writing about the filmmaker, and assess his new film “Nebraska.” A Q&A and signing follow. The book is only $20 and it makes a great Christmas gift.
Hope to see you there.HERE’S HOW THEY’RE PROMOTING MY APPEARANCE-
Our Featured Writer: Leo Adam BigaAward-winning Omaha journalist Leo Adam Biga has adapted his extensive body of work about acclaimed filmmaker Alexander Payne into a new book. “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” is a compilation of Biga’s many articles about the writer-director over a 16-year period. The book places readers deep inside Payne’s creative process and follows the progress of the cinema artist’s Oscar-winning career. Biga will share insights gleaned from visits to Payne’s sets and from a recent glimpse at the final edit-mix process on the filmmaker’s new feature, “Nebraska.” Biga’s one of the few outside the filmmaker’s inner circle and select festival audiences to have seen the film in its entirety before the Nov. 15 national release. The book is a must read for Payne fans and film buffs. Book signing to follow presentation. Sample the author’s work at leoadambiga.wordpress.com.
ABOUT WEDNESDAY WORDS
Wednesday Words originated in 2009 as a special reading series featuring award-winning writers from the Nebraska Arts Council’s Individual Artist Fellowship in Literature program, sponsored by the Nebraska Arts Council and Nebraska independent publisher, The Backwaters Press.
Spend your lunch hour at our final reading of 2013 with Leo Adam Biga. Treat yourself to a feast for your ears as you listen to some of the finest in Nebraska writing.
FREE and open to the public.
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ author Leo Adam Biga doing book events Nov. 19, Nov. 23, Nov. 26, Dec. 3 and Dec. 11 (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Casting director John Jackson helps build Alexander Payne’s film worlds (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s New Film ‘Nebraska’ Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Local Color: Alexander Payne and Co. Mine the Prairie Poetry of His Home State in the New American Gothic Film, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Gained 16 new followers in the past week. I’m growing my account the right way, are you? Do it with crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 7 hours ago
- North Omaha Summer Arts Crawl – Friday, August 14 from 6 to 9 pm leoadambiga.com/2015/07/28/nor… 1 day ago
- North Omaha Summer Arts Crawl - Friday, August 14 from 6 to 9 pm leoadambiga.com/2015/07/28/nor… http://t.co/nPVeLpb7fg 1 day ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Sun Reflection, Revisiting the Omaha Sun's Pulitzer Prize-Winning Expose of Boys Town
- Master of Light, Mauro Fiore, Oscar-Winning Director of Photography on 'Avatar'
- A Berlin Airlift Story
- One Peach of a Pitcher: Peaches James Leaves Enduring Legacy in the Circle as a Nebraska Softball Legend
- Omaha's Pitch Man: Entrepreneur Extraordinaire Willy Theisen is Back with His Next Big Business Venture
- The Two Wars of Ben Kuroki, New Book Out About Nebraskan Who Defied Prejudice to Become a War Hero
- The cover for my new book with Father Ken Vavrina, "Crossing Bridges, A Priest's Uplifiting Life Among the Downtrodden"
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- North Omaha Summer Arts Crawl – Friday, August 14 from 6 to 9 pm
- The cover for my new book with Father Ken Vavrina, “Crossing Bridges, A Priest’s Uplifiting Life Among the Downtrodden”
- Brent Spencer’s fine review of my Alexander Payne book nets nice feedback
- Coming Soon: A new book I wrote with Father Ken Vavrina, “Crossing Bridges,” the story of this beloved Omaha priest’s uplifitng life among the downtrodden
- Brent Spencer’s fine review of my Alexander Payne book in the Great Plains Quarterly
- Attention must be paid: In the spirit of Everyone Has A Story To Tell…
- North Omaha Summer Arts presents: Art and Gardening
- Music-Culture Mixologist Brent Crampton: Rhythmic anthropology and pure love of human bodies moving
- Moving right along: Educators, dancers, advocates, activists Josie Metal-Corbin and David E. Corbin not slowing down in retirement
- The Champ Goes to Africa: Terence Crawford Visits Uganda and Rwanda with his former teacher, this reporter and friends
- Come Get Your Praise On at a Free Inspirational Concert in Miller Park – Saturday, June 20
- Come Get Your Praise On at a Free Inspirational Concert in Miller Park – Saturday, June 20 at Miller Park
- 465,867 hits