Registration Now Open for Your Journey in Freelance Writing Seminars with Leo Adam Biga: Oct. 30, Nov. 13 & Dec. 11
Registration Now Open for
Your Journey in Freelance Writing Seminars
with Leo Adam Biga
Oct. 30, Nov. 13 & Dec. 11
Follow your passion and write stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions
Sunday, October 30
Sunday, November 13
Sunday, December 11
Each seminar is unique, though some core material is covered during every workshop
Brandeis building downtown, 210 South 16th Street in the warm, luxurious setting of the Community Room
Use 16th Street Concierge entrance between Douglas and Farnam (Concierge will direct you to the elevator to access the 2nd flr Community Room)
NOTE: Ample street parking available or for $5 use the Brandeis parking garage (Douglas between 16th and 17th (car pool and share the cost)
Host Christine Lind will provide free beverages and goodies during the seminar
Join us for this informative, relaxed evening
The seminar is by-registration only:
If you register for one seminar, the cost is: $40
If you register for two seminars together, the cost is: $70
If you register for three seminars together, the cost is $100
NOTE: The registration fee is payable by check only (make it out to Leo Adam Biga)
Mail your check to: Leo A. Biga, 10629 Cuming St., Omaha, NE 68114
Your check must be received before the seminar for you to attend and be sure to indicate which seminar(s) you’re registering/paying for
Register at leoadmbiga.eventbrite.com/
If you know of or are affiliated with a school, church, library or other nonprofit that would like to host a future seminar, please note that special group rates are available. It’s a perfect fit for any group that enjoys reading, writing, books. Call 402-445-4666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What is A Journey in Freelance Writing?
An informal two-hour seminar that discusses:
• How to prepare yourself to be a writer
• What’s involved in finding your writer’s voice
• Where do story ideas come from?
• How to pitch and market your work
• What are editors looking for?
• How to develop and maintain a client base
• Yes, you can supplement your income and even make a living as a freelancer
As an award-winning journalist I will offer my decades-long experience as a guide for establishing a writing career or taking your career to the next level. The conversational, interactive seminar offers plenty of Q & A time.
Ideal for aspiring or emerging writers of: articles • press releases • newsletters • blogs • web content • scripts • books
Book the seminar for your club, organization, school, library or church. Schedule it for your next writing/literary group meeting, festival or conference.
Group rates available.
Thanks for your interest and I hope to see you there,
Leo Adam Biga
- Financing Freelance Writing – It Can Be Costlier Than You Think (freelanceswitch.com)
- How to Get Freelance Writing Clients without Selling (savvywritingcareers.wordpress.com)
- ‘Getting Started as a Freelance Writer’ by Robert W Bly (pacejmiller.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Growing and engaging with the right tweeps - gained 9 new followers in the past week, courtesy crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 21 hours ago
- My Inside Stories leoadambiga.com/2015/11/26/my-… 1 day ago
- My Inside Stories leoadambiga.com/2015/11/26/my-… https://t.co/1liC0SLERL 1 day ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- From the Archives: Monika Kelly Recalls her Late Father, the Beloved Clown and Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Legend, Emmett Kelly Sr.
- The Brothers Sayers: Big Legend Gale Sayers and Little Legend Roger Sayers (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- Alone or together, Omaha power couple Vic Gutman and Roberta Wilhelm give back to the community
- Former UNO Wrestling Coach Don Benning: Man of Steel (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- John Beasley and Sons Make Acting a Family Thing at the John Beasley Theater & Workshop and Beyond
- Matched Set: Susan Baer Collins and Carl Beck Share a Life and Career Based in Theater at the Omaha Community Playhouse
- My Inside Stories
- My Inside Stories
- RANDOM INSPIRATION
- Leo Adam Biga: My Amazon Author’s Page
- My newest cover story: Two families suffer Omaha’s segregation and waken the conscience of a nation
- SOME MORE OF MY COVER STORIES THROUGH THE YEARS AND ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN SEE JUST HOW DIVERSE MY SUBJECTS ARE
- A LOOK BACK AT SOME OF MY COVER STORIES IN THE READER (WWW.THEREADER.COM) OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS; AS YOU CAN SEE, DIVERSITY IS THE NAME OF MY GAME
- CANCELLED : DUE TO ILLNESS FATHER VAVRINA WILL NOT BE SIGNING HIS BOOK AS PLANNED TODAY
- Joslyn Castle Literary Festival makes it all about Dickens
- Alex Kava Bestselling Mystery Author Still Going Strong
- Hardy’s one-man ‘A Christmas Carol’ highlights Dickens-themed literary festival
- Fairytale Wonder: A Regal Residence in Legacy Villas
- Down and out but not done in Omaha: Documentary surveys the poverty landscape
- 495,633 hits