Here are some work updates from my ever-expanding projects list (as of May 2010):
Check out my cover story on philanthropist Dick Holland in the June New Horizons newspaper. Should hit the stands, so to speak, May 28.
Read my story about the Omaha South High School boys soccer team and the “green card” incident in this week’s Reader (www.thereader.com). That same story appears in the new issue of El Perico, a South Omaha dual English-Spanish newspaper that I’m doing lots of work for these days.
My work will be featured in the soon-to-launch Omaha Fashion Magazine.
A story I wrote about Holocaust survivor Kitty Williams of Council Bluffs won a Nebraska Press Association award. You can read the story on this blog by clicking on her name, Kitty Williams, or by clicking on the Holocaust or History categories in the Categories From A to Z list on the right hand side of the blog screen.
My first book, a biography of Mark Manhart, is nearing completion and should be published by early to mid 2011.
I recently wrote a short history of an independent Nebraska movie theater chain.
Soon, I will be working on a book for the Nebraska Jewish Historical Society on Jewish grocers and food wholesalers who did business in the area during the 20th century.
I also have a project in play with Creighton University’s College of Business Administration.
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden," "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" (a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker) "Open Wide" a biography of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, Leo Adam Biga's My Inside Stories at leoadambiga.com, is an online gallery of his work. The blog feeds into his Facebook page, My Inside Stories, as well as his Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Tumblr, About.Me and other social media platform pages.
- How many followers do you get everyday? I got 10 in the last week. Growing daily with crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 15 hours ago
- Intimate Book Talk-Signing for “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” – Saturday, Nov. 5 @ Indigo ... leoadambiga.com/2016/10/20/int… 17 hours ago
- Intimate Book Talk-Signing for “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” – Saturday, Nov. 5 @… leoadambiga.com/2016/10/20/int… https://t.co/PJsR1o7tVC 20 hours ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Dope actress Yolonda Ross is nothing but versatile – from 'The Get Down' to cinema cannibals to dog-eat-dog politics
- 'Downsizing' may elevate filmmaker to new heights; 'Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film' your guide to his cinema universe
- Goodwin's Spencer Street Barber Shop: We Cut Heads and Broaden Minds, Too
- Life comes full circle for singer Carol Rogers
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Black Women in Music
- Radio One Queen Cathy Hughes Rules By Keeping It Real
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- Intimate Book Talk-Signing for “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” – Saturday, Nov. 5 @ Indigo Bridge Books in Lincoln
- Dope actress Yolonda Ross is nothing but versatile – from ‘The Get Down’ to cinema cannibals to dog-eat-dog politics
- Spread the “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” gospel at Kiwanis Club of Omaha today
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 LECTURE – Leo Adam Biga’s Africa travels with Terence “Bud” Crawford and Pipeline Worldwide
- To all the writers I’ve loved before…
- MCC Creative Writing Forum – October 28-29
- Divas By Design: Camille Metoyer Moten & Kathy Tyree
- Thoughts on recent gathering of Omaha Black Sports Legends
- Scenes from a book talk-signing…More to come…
- UPDATE TO: Marlin Briscoe finally getting his due
- Storybook hoops dream turns cautionary tale for Omaha South star Aguek Arop
- “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film: featured at Oakview Barnes & Noble
- 590,601 hits
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Film Connections: How a 1968 convergence of future cinema greats in Ogallala, Neb. resulted in multiple films and enduring relationships
- Follow My Blog on Facebook, Networked Blogs, LinkedIn
- From the Archives…
- Going to Africa with The Champ
- Hire Me
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- My Amazon Author’s Page
- My Inside Stories, A Professional Writing Service by Omaha-Based Journalist, Author and Blogger Leo Adam Biga
- My new book ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden’
- Nebraska Screen Heritage Project
- OUT TO WIN – THE ROOTS OF GREATNESS: OMAHA’S BLACK SPORTS LEGENDS
- Seeking Sponsors and Collaborators
- Passion Project. Introducing the new – “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”
No upcoming events