Here are some work updates from my ever-expanding projects list (as of May 2010):
Check out my cover story on philanthropist Dick Holland in the June New Horizons newspaper. Should hit the stands, so to speak, May 28.
Read my story about the Omaha South High School boys soccer team and the “green card” incident in this week’s Reader (www.thereader.com). That same story appears in the new issue of El Perico, a South Omaha dual English-Spanish newspaper that I’m doing lots of work for these days.
My work will be featured in the soon-to-launch Omaha Fashion Magazine.
A story I wrote about Holocaust survivor Kitty Williams of Council Bluffs won a Nebraska Press Association award. You can read the story on this blog by clicking on her name, Kitty Williams, or by clicking on the Holocaust or History categories in the Categories From A to Z list on the right hand side of the blog screen.
My first book, a biography of Mark Manhart, is nearing completion and should be published by early to mid 2011.
I recently wrote a short history of an independent Nebraska movie theater chain.
Soon, I will be working on a book for the Nebraska Jewish Historical Society on Jewish grocers and food wholesalers who did business in the area during the 20th century.
I also have a project in play with Creighton University’s College of Business Administration.
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden," "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" (a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker) "Open Wide" a biography of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, Leo Adam Biga's My Inside Stories at leoadambiga.com, is an online gallery of his work. The blog feeds into his Facebook page, My Inside Stories, as well as his Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Tumblr, About.Me and other social media platform pages.
- Pot Liquor Love leoadambiga.com/2016/08/23/pot… 20 hours ago
- Pot Liquor Love leoadambiga.com/2016/08/23/pot… https://t.co/SbfBmakOEg 22 hours ago
- All Wrung Out and Hung to Dry… leoadambiga.com/2016/08/23/all… 1 day ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Pot Liquor Love
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Donovan Ketzler, The Last of the Rough Riders
- Back in the Day, Native Omaha Days is Reunion, Homecoming, Heritage Celebration and Party All in One
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Dixie Quicks chef and co-owner Rene Orduna and partner Rob Gilmer deliver righteous Southern grub in eclectic space
- Lucile's Old Market, Mother Hubbard Magnificent Obsession: From One Eccentric to Another - Mary Thompson on her Late Mother Lucile Schaaf
- The Two Wars of Ben Kuroki, New Book Out About Nebraskan Who Defied Prejudice to Become a War Hero
- About Leo Adam Biga
- All Wrung Out and Hung to Dry...
- Pot Liquor Love
- All Wrung Out and Hung to Dry…
- NEWS FLASH: “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” now available through Barnes & Noble
- This post falls under the heading: This is why I do what I do
- In a Road Pic State of Mind: Favorite Road Movies and Ones Still to See
- Southern Fried Love Road Trip Diary II
- Room with a view: Omaha Design Center
- A Whirling Dervish Named Jane: Riding RAGBRAI
- Stanley Kubrick and Alexander Payne: An unexpected congruence
- Do any Alexander Payne films rate among 100 Greatest American films ever made?
- NOSA Arts Crawl to feature diverse art and artists – Friday, August 12
- Bright Lights: Teen Designer Ciara Fortun Mines Filipino Heritage in Omaha Fashion Week Collection
- 577,291 hits
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Film Connections: How a 1968 convergence of future cinema greats in Ogallala, Neb. resulted in multiple films and enduring relationships
- Follow My Blog on Facebook, Networked Blogs, LinkedIn
- From the Archives…
- Going to Africa with The Champ
- Hire Me
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- My Amazon Author’s Page
- My Inside Stories, A Professional Writing Service by Omaha-Based Journalist, Author and Blogger Leo Adam Biga
- My new book ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden’
- Nebraska Film Heritage Project
- OUT TO WIN – THE ROOTS OF GREATNESS: OMAHA’S BLACK SPORTS LEGENDS
- Seeking Sponsors and Collaborators
- Passion Project. Introducing the new – “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”
No upcoming events