Media Updates: I talk about my Alexander Payne book on the radio tonight; My cover story about Payne’s new film ‘Nebraska’ is in this week’s issue of The Reader
Be sure to catch my Tom Becka Show appearance from 5 to 6 p.m. this evening (Thursday, Oct. 25) as I talk Alexander Payne, my new book about the Oscar-winning filmmaker, the writer-director’s new film “Nebraska,” and my life as a freelance author-journalist-blogger. That’s tonight on KOIL News Talk Radio 1290 on the a.m. side of things. Omaha actor-radio talent Dutch Haling is filling in for Tom and promises to turn me loose for the full hour. I’m grateful for the opportunity to promote my book. It’s a call-in show to boot, so maybe you’ll want to drop in on the conversation and express your two-cents worth.
Don’t miss my cover story about Payne’s “Nebraska” in the new issue of The Reader. It hits the stands tonight. Check the paper’s website later today to see the story online at http://www.thereader.com.
- Author Leo Adam Biga to Sign His Alexander Payne Book at Various Events as Shooting Continues on the Filmmaker’s New Picture, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne to film in Nebraska (nebraskapress.typepad.com)
- Bob Odenkirk and Stacy Keach Join Alexander Payne’s NEBRASKA (collider.com)
- The Collection Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Moments (aliedwards.com)
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
Check out my brand new Facebook page & Like it–
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
The work-in-progress page is devoted to my acclaimed book about the Oscar-winning filmmaker and his work.
“This is without question the single best study of Alexander Payne’s films, as well as the filmmaker himself and his filmmaking process. In charting the first two decades of Payne’s remarkable career, Leo Adam Biga pieces together an indelible portrait of an independent American artist, and one that’s conveyed largely in the filmmaker’s own words. This is an invaluable contribution to film history and criticism – and a sheer pleasure to read as well.” –Thomas Schatz, Film scholar and author (The Genius of the System)
The book sells for $25.95.
Available through Barnes & Noble, on Amazon, for Kindle and at other bookstores and gift shops nationwide.
Purchase it at–https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRORX1U?ref_=k4w_oembed_c1Anr6bJdAagnj&tag=kpembed-20&linkCode=kpd
You can also order signed copies by emailing the author at email@example.com.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden," "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" (a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker) "Open Wide" a biography of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, Leo Adam Biga's My Inside Stories at leoadambiga.com, is an online gallery of his work. The blog feeds into his Facebook page, My Inside Stories, as well as his Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Tumblr, About.Me and other social media platform pages.
- ‘The Incredible Shrinking Man’ and ‘Downsizing’ speak to each other and to us 60 years apart leoadambiga.com/2017/02/17/the… 2 days ago
- ‘The Incredible Shrinking Man’ and ‘Downsizing’ speak to each other and to us 60 years apart leoadambiga.com/2017/02/17/the… https://t.co/G4N2e81NsM 2 days ago
- Forget unfollowers, I believe in growing. 5 new followers in the last week! Stats via crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 2 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- A Contrary Path to Social Justice, The De Porres Club and the Fight for Equality in Omaha
- Prodigal Son, Marlin Briscoe Takes the Long Road Home (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- Buck O’Neil and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City Offer a Living History Lesson about the National Pastime from a Black Perspective
- Wright On, Adam Wright Has it All Figured Out Both On and Off the Football Field
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Lensing April 1, Payne's 'Downsizing' promises to be his most ambitious film to date
- Gabrielle Union having it all between her own series, new film, producing, marriage and family
- Bertha's Battle, Bertha Calloway, the Grand Lady of Lake Street, Struggles to Keep the Great Plains Black History Museum Afloat
- Customer-First Philosophy Makes the Family-Owned Kohll’s Pharmacy and Homecare Stand Out from the Crowd
- ‘The Incredible Shrinking Man’ and ‘Downsizing’ speak to each other and to us 60 years apart
- ‘King of Comedy’ a dark reflection of our times
- Catch me talking ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ on the podcast – ‘The Dustin Dales Show’
- A Tribute to Father Ken Vavrina – Sunday, Feb. 12 at St. Benedict’s
- Forty-five years later and ‘The Godfather’ still haunts us
- Dick Holland remembered for generous giving and warm friendship that improved organizations and lives
- What if Creighton’s hoops destiny team is not the men, but the women?
- ‘The Graduate’ revisited
- Glen Campbell’s sweet goodbye
- Cautionary tales of cinema, the culture war and Donald Trump
- Lisa Haselton’s interview with writer Leo Adam Biga
- Atticus Finch-Barack Obama give way to Bob Ewell-Donald Trump in this post-“To Kill a Mockingbird” world
- 616,457 hits
- “Nebraska Methodist College at 125: Scaling New Heights”
- ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden”
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Film Connections: How a 1968 convergence of future cinema greats in Ogallala, Neb. resulted in multiple films and enduring relationships
- Follow My Blog on Facebook, Networked Blogs, LinkedIn
- From the Archives…
- Going to Africa with The Champ
- Hire Me
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- My Amazon Author’s Page
- My Inside Stories, A Professional Writing Service by Omaha-Based Journalist, Author and Blogger Leo Adam Biga
- Nebraska Screen Heritage Project
- OUT TO WIN – THE ROOTS OF GREATNESS: OMAHA’S BLACK SPORTS LEGENDS
- Seeking Sponsors and Collaborators
- Passion Project. Introducing the new – “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”
No upcoming events