I Am Personally Inviting You to My Next Book Event…Sat. Nov. 10 at The Bookworm, 1 pm
I am personally inviting you to attend my next Alexander Payne book event:
Saturday, Nov. 10, The Bookworm, 1 p.m.
That’s at 8702 Pacific St. in Countryside Village, Omaha
I will be signing copies of “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective.”
Leonard Maltin just gave the book a thumbs up.
Buy a copy or two or three. The book makes a great gift for the film geek or film buff in your life.
I hope to see you there.
If you can’t make it, you can pre-order at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
Available November 13 from Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com as well as for Kindle, iPad and other e-reader devices. Preview the book at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
- Author Leo Adam Biga to Sign His Alexander Payne Book at Various Events as Shooting Continues on the Filmmaker’s New Picture, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden," "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" (a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker) "Open Wide" a biography of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, Leo Adam Biga's My Inside Stories at leoadambiga.com, is an online gallery of his work. The blog feeds into his Facebook page, My Inside Stories, as well as his Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Tumblr, About.Me and other social media platform pages.
- Biga Signs “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” at The Bookworm leoadambiga.com/2016/10/23/big… 1 day ago
- Biga Signs “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” at The Bookworm leoadambiga.com/2016/10/23/big… https://t.co/9KQEXcqbY5 1 day ago
- How many followers do you get everyday? I got 10 in the last week. Growing daily with crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 3 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- 'Lovely, Still' is that Rare Film Depicting Seniors in All Their Humanity
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Sun Reflection, Revisiting the Omaha Sun's Pulitzer Prize-Winning Expose of Boys Town
- From the Archives: Monika Kelly Recalls her Late Father, the Beloved Clown and Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Legend, Emmett Kelly Sr.
- The Brothers Sayers: Big Legend Gale Sayers and Little Legend Roger Sayers (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- Nancy Bounds, Timeless Arbiter of Fashion Beauty, Glamour, Poise
- Ron Stander, a One-Time Great White Hope, Still Making the Rounds for Friends in Need
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- Biga Signs “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” at The Bookworm
- Intimate Book Talk-Signing for “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” – Saturday, Nov. 5 @ Indigo Bridge Books in Lincoln
- Dope actress Yolonda Ross is nothing but versatile – from ‘The Get Down’ to cinema cannibals to dog-eat-dog politics
- Spread the “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” gospel at Kiwanis Club of Omaha today
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 LECTURE – Leo Adam Biga’s Africa travels with Terence “Bud” Crawford and Pipeline Worldwide
- To all the writers I’ve loved before…
- MCC Creative Writing Forum – October 28-29
- Divas By Design: Camille Metoyer Moten & Kathy Tyree
- Thoughts on recent gathering of Omaha Black Sports Legends
- Scenes from a book talk-signing…More to come…
- UPDATE TO: Marlin Briscoe finally getting his due
- Storybook hoops dream turns cautionary tale for Omaha South star Aguek Arop
- 591,251 hits
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Film Connections: How a 1968 convergence of future cinema greats in Ogallala, Neb. resulted in multiple films and enduring relationships
- Follow My Blog on Facebook, Networked Blogs, LinkedIn
- From the Archives…
- Going to Africa with The Champ
- Hire Me
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- My Amazon Author’s Page
- My Inside Stories, A Professional Writing Service by Omaha-Based Journalist, Author and Blogger Leo Adam Biga
- My new book ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden’
- Nebraska Screen Heritage Project
- OUT TO WIN – THE ROOTS OF GREATNESS: OMAHA’S BLACK SPORTS LEGENDS
- Seeking Sponsors and Collaborators
- Passion Project. Introducing the new – “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”
No upcoming events