Another sweet endorsement for my Alexander Payne book…
And the hits just keep on coming where my Alexander Payne book is concerned.
On top of Leonard Maltin’s recent thumbs up, we just received another sweet endorsement, this one from novelist (“True Believers”) and “Studio 360” host Kurt Andersen, who has bestowed on us a beautifuly worded and generous statement of support:
“I’d be an Alexander Payne fan even if we didn’t share a Nebraska upbringing: he is a masterly, menschy, singular storyteller whose movies are both serious and unpretentious, delightfully funny and deeply moving. And he’s fortunate indeed to have such a thoughtful and insightful chronicler as Leo Biga.” Kurt Andersen
Thank you, Kurt.
More big news about the book is just around the corner.
The book, “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012,” can be pre-ordered at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
Preview the book at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
Watch me talk about the book, Payne, and his new film on “Heartland Focus” this Saturday, Nov. 3 at 6:30 pm on WOWT.
Listen to me do the same on the current “Worlds of Wayne” podcast at http://worldsofwayne.libsyn.com/
And I hope to see you at my next book event, Saturday, Nov. 10, The Bookworm, 1 p.m.
- I Am Personally Inviting You to My Next Book Event…Sat. Nov. 10 at The Bookworm, 1 pm (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Author Leo Adam Biga to Sign His Alexander Payne Book at Various Events as Shooting Continues on the Filmmaker’s New Picture, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden," "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" (a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker) "Open Wide" a biography of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, Leo Adam Biga's My Inside Stories at leoadambiga.com, is an online gallery of his work. The blog feeds into his Facebook page, My Inside Stories, as well as his Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Tumblr, About.Me and other social media platform pages.
- This is what greatness looks like. Terence Crawford: Forever the People's Champ leoadambiga.com/2016/07/24/ter… via @leoadambiga 19 hours ago
- Passion Project – My new "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" now available at KANEKO leoadambiga.com/2016/07/25/i-w… via @leoadambiga 19 hours ago
- I write about people, their passions and their magnificent obsessions, including Alexander Payne; ... leoadambiga.com/2016/07/25/i-w… 20 hours ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- This is what greatness looks like. Terence Crawford: Forever the People's Champ
- Brenda Allen's Real Life Country Music Drama Took Her from Nebraska to Vietnam to Vegas
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- In His Corner: Midge Minor is Trainer, Friend and Father Figure to Pro Boxing Contender Terence "Bud" Crawford
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- The Brothers Sayers: Big Legend Gale Sayers and Little Legend Roger Sayers (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- Minne Lusa House, a North Omaha Sanctuary for Canning, Conversation and Community
- A Martinez Music Legacy: 311's SA Martinez Takes a Music Tradition Laid Down by His Father and Grandfather in a New Direction
- Sun Reflection, Revisiting the Omaha Sun's Pulitzer Prize-Winning Expose of Boys Town
- Passion Project – My new “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” now available at KANEKO
- This is what greatness looks like. Terence Crawford: Forever the People’s Champ
- Noah Diaz: Metro theater’s man for all seasons and stages
- A good man’s job is never done: Bruce Chubick honored for taking South to top
- Mural project celebrates mosaic of South Omaha culture
- Introducing the new “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”
- Get your copy of the new “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” @ July 21 event
- Please join me for – Mauro Fiore: Writing with Light and buy new edition of ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’
- FROM THE ARCHIVES– Alexander Payne: Portrait of a Young Filmmaker
- North Omaha Summer Arts continues its art and nature themes with Thoreau Meets The Harlem Renaissance – Friday, July 15
- Some thoughts on the HBO documentary ‘My Fight’ about Terence Crawford
- North Omaha Summer Arts doing art workshops and projects with youth at community organizations
- 570,561 hits
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Film Connections: How a 1968 convergence of future cinema greats in Ogallala, Neb. resulted in multiple films and enduring relationships
- Follow My Blog on Facebook, Networked Blogs, LinkedIn
- From the Archives…
- Going to Africa with The Champ
- Hire Me
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- My Amazon Author’s Page
- My Book, ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012,’ is Now Available
- My Inside Stories, A Professional Writing Service by Omaha-Based Journalist, Author and Blogger Leo Adam Biga
- My new book ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden’
- Nebraska Film Heritage Project
- OUT TO WIN – THE ROOTS OF GREATNESS: OMAHA’S BLACK SPORTS LEGENDS
- Seeking Sponsors and Collaborators