Get Your Greek On at My Next Alexander Payne Book Event
I am personally inviting you to attend my next Alexander Payne book event:
Friday, Nov. 16, St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, 6:30 pm 602 Park Avenue,
George and Peggy Payne Community Center (lower level, south entrance)
I will be signing copies of “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012.”
Yummy Greek treats served.
Come mingle with Omaha’s Greek American community and enjoy the splendor of this recently restored Byzantine-style edifice. This is the very church the filmmaker and his family belong to. His grandfather helped found it.
I will talk a bit about Payne and the book and I will personally sign copies.
Hope to see you there.
Here’s what others are saying about the book:
“Leo Biga, through his extraordinary talent with words, brings us a fascinating, comprehensive, insightful portrait of the work and artistry of Alexander Payne. Mr. Biga’s collection of essays document the evolution and growth of this significant American filmmaker and he includes relevant historical context of the old Hollywood and the new. His keen reporter’s eye gives the reader an exciting journey into the art of telling stories on film.” –Ron Hull, Nebraska Educational Television, UNL emeritus professor of broadcasting, author of the new memoir, “Backstage”
“I’d be an Alexander Payne fan even if we didn’t share a Nebraska upbringing: he is a masterly, menschy, singular storyteller whose movies are both serious and unpretentious, delightfully funny and deeply moving. And he’s fortunate indeed to have such a thoughtful and insightful chronicler as Leo Biga.” –Kurt Andersen, novelist (“True Believers”) and “Studio 360” host
“Alexander Payne is one of American cinema’s leading lights. How fortunate we are that Leo Biga has chronicled his rise to success so thoroughly.” –Leonard Maltin, national film critic and best-selling author
Buy a copy or two or three. The book makes a great gift for the film lover in your life.
More about the book at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
Preview the book at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
- Alexander Payne book news (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Another sweet endorsement for my Alexander Payne book… (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden," "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" (a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker) "Open Wide" a biography of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, Leo Adam Biga's My Inside Stories at leoadambiga.com, is an online gallery of his work. The blog feeds into his Facebook page, My Inside Stories, as well as his Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Tumblr, About.Me and other social media platform pages.
- Biga Signs “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” at The Bookworm leoadambiga.com/2016/10/23/big… 2 days ago
- Biga Signs “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” at The Bookworm leoadambiga.com/2016/10/23/big… https://t.co/9KQEXcqbY5 2 days ago
- How many followers do you get everyday? I got 10 in the last week. Growing daily with crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 5 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- 'Lovely, Still' is that Rare Film Depicting Seniors in All Their Humanity
- It was a different breed then: Omaha Stockyards remembered
- The Long Goodbye for Bohemian Cafe: Iconic Omaha Eatery Closing After 92 Years
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Playwright turned history detective Max Sparber turns identity search inward
- Omaha Playwright Beaufield Berry Comes into Her Own: Her Original Comedy 'Psycho Ex Girlfriend' Now Playing
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- Sun Reflection, Revisiting the Omaha Sun's Pulitzer Prize-Winning Expose of Boys Town
- Biga Signs “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” at The Bookworm
- Intimate Book Talk-Signing for “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” – Saturday, Nov. 5 @ Indigo Bridge Books in Lincoln
- Dope actress Yolonda Ross is nothing but versatile – from ‘The Get Down’ to cinema cannibals to dog-eat-dog politics
- Spread the “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” gospel at Kiwanis Club of Omaha today
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 LECTURE – Leo Adam Biga’s Africa travels with Terence “Bud” Crawford and Pipeline Worldwide
- To all the writers I’ve loved before…
- MCC Creative Writing Forum – October 28-29
- Divas By Design: Camille Metoyer Moten & Kathy Tyree
- Thoughts on recent gathering of Omaha Black Sports Legends
- Scenes from a book talk-signing…More to come…
- UPDATE TO: Marlin Briscoe finally getting his due
- Storybook hoops dream turns cautionary tale for Omaha South star Aguek Arop
- 591,508 hits
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Film Connections: How a 1968 convergence of future cinema greats in Ogallala, Neb. resulted in multiple films and enduring relationships
- Follow My Blog on Facebook, Networked Blogs, LinkedIn
- From the Archives…
- Going to Africa with The Champ
- Hire Me
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- My Amazon Author’s Page
- My Inside Stories, A Professional Writing Service by Omaha-Based Journalist, Author and Blogger Leo Adam Biga
- My new book ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden’
- Nebraska Screen Heritage Project
- OUT TO WIN – THE ROOTS OF GREATNESS: OMAHA’S BLACK SPORTS LEGENDS
- Seeking Sponsors and Collaborators
- Passion Project. Introducing the new – “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”
No upcoming events