Get Your Greek On at My Next Alexander Payne Book Event
I am personally inviting you to attend my next Alexander Payne book event:
Friday, Nov. 16, St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, 6:30 pm 602 Park Avenue,
George and Peggy Payne Community Center (lower level, south entrance)
I will be signing copies of “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012.”
Yummy Greek treats served.
Come mingle with Omaha’s Greek American community and enjoy the splendor of this recently restored Byzantine-style edifice. This is the very church the filmmaker and his family belong to. His grandfather helped found it.
I will talk a bit about Payne and the book and I will personally sign copies.
Hope to see you there.
Here’s what others are saying about the book:
“Leo Biga, through his extraordinary talent with words, brings us a fascinating, comprehensive, insightful portrait of the work and artistry of Alexander Payne. Mr. Biga’s collection of essays document the evolution and growth of this significant American filmmaker and he includes relevant historical context of the old Hollywood and the new. His keen reporter’s eye gives the reader an exciting journey into the art of telling stories on film.” –Ron Hull, Nebraska Educational Television, UNL emeritus professor of broadcasting, author of the new memoir, “Backstage”
“I’d be an Alexander Payne fan even if we didn’t share a Nebraska upbringing: he is a masterly, menschy, singular storyteller whose movies are both serious and unpretentious, delightfully funny and deeply moving. And he’s fortunate indeed to have such a thoughtful and insightful chronicler as Leo Biga.” –Kurt Andersen, novelist (“True Believers”) and “Studio 360” host
“Alexander Payne is one of American cinema’s leading lights. How fortunate we are that Leo Biga has chronicled his rise to success so thoroughly.” –Leonard Maltin, national film critic and best-selling author
Buy a copy or two or three. The book makes a great gift for the film lover in your life.
More about the book at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
Preview the book at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
- Alexander Payne book news (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Another sweet endorsement for my Alexander Payne book… (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden," "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" (a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker) "Open Wide" a biography of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, Leo Adam Biga's My Inside Stories at leoadambiga.com, is an online gallery of his work. The blog feeds into his Facebook page, My Inside Stories, as well as his Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Tumblr, About.Me and other social media platform pages.
- Terence Crawford: Forever the People’s Champ leoadambiga.com/2016/07/24/ter… 1 day ago
- Terence Crawford: Forever the People’s Champ leoadambiga.com/2016/07/24/ter… https://t.co/Zltr3FfFaj 1 day ago
- Growing and engaging with the right tweeps - gained 9 new followers in the past week, courtesy crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 3 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- This is what greatness looks like. Terence Crawford: Forever the People's Champ
- Lauro Play 'A Piece of My Heart' Dramatizes the Role of Women in War Zones
- The Champ Goes to Africa: Terence Crawford Visits Uganda and Rwanda with his former teacher, this reporter and friends
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Mural project celebrates mosaic of South Omaha culture
- In His Corner: Midge Minor is Trainer, Friend and Father Figure to Pro Boxing Contender Terence "Bud" Crawford
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Pad man Esau Dieguez gets world champ Terence Crawford ready
- A Martinez Music Legacy: 311's SA Martinez Takes a Music Tradition Laid Down by His Father and Grandfather in a New Direction
- Author, Humorist, Folklorist Roger Welsch Tells the Stories of the American Soul and Soil
- This is what greatness looks like. Terence Crawford: Forever the People’s Champ
- Noah Diaz: Metro theater’s man for all seasons and stages
- A good man’s job is never done: Bruce Chubick honored for taking South to top
- Mural project celebrates mosaic of South Omaha culture
- Introducing the new “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”
- Get your copy of the new “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” @ July 21 event
- Please join me for – Mauro Fiore: Writing with Light and buy new edition of ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’
- FROM THE ARCHIVES– Alexander Payne: Portrait of a Young Filmmaker
- North Omaha Summer Arts continues its art and nature themes with Thoreau Meets The Harlem Renaissance – Friday, July 15
- Some thoughts on the HBO documentary ‘My Fight’ about Terence Crawford
- North Omaha Summer Arts doing art workshops and projects with youth at community organizations
- North Omaha Summer Arts continues with Art and Gardening – Saturday, July 9
- 570,343 hits
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Film Connections: How a 1968 convergence of future cinema greats in Ogallala, Neb. resulted in multiple films and enduring relationships
- Follow My Blog on Facebook, Networked Blogs, LinkedIn
- From the Archives…
- Going to Africa with The Champ
- Hire Me
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- My Amazon Author’s Page
- My Book, ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012,’ is Now Available
- My Inside Stories, A Professional Writing Service by Omaha-Based Journalist, Author and Blogger Leo Adam Biga
- My new book ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden’
- Nebraska Film Heritage Project
- OUT TO WIN – THE ROOTS OF GREATNESS: OMAHA’S BLACK SPORTS LEGENDS
- Seeking Sponsors and Collaborators