Come to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing at KANEKO-
You are cordially invited to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing-
Wednesday Words Reading Series Featuring Leo Adam Biga
12:00pm until 1:00pm
KANEKO-UNO Library, 12th and Jones St.
I will talk about my book “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film,” describe my years writing about the filmmaker, and assess his new film “Nebraska.” A Q&A and signing follow. The book is only $20 and it makes a great Christmas gift.
Hope to see you there.HERE’S HOW THEY’RE PROMOTING MY APPEARANCE-
Our Featured Writer: Leo Adam BigaAward-winning Omaha journalist Leo Adam Biga has adapted his extensive body of work about acclaimed filmmaker Alexander Payne into a new book. “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” is a compilation of Biga’s many articles about the writer-director over a 16-year period. The book places readers deep inside Payne’s creative process and follows the progress of the cinema artist’s Oscar-winning career. Biga will share insights gleaned from visits to Payne’s sets and from a recent glimpse at the final edit-mix process on the filmmaker’s new feature, “Nebraska.” Biga’s one of the few outside the filmmaker’s inner circle and select festival audiences to have seen the film in its entirety before the Nov. 15 national release. The book is a must read for Payne fans and film buffs. Book signing to follow presentation. Sample the author’s work at leoadambiga.wordpress.com.
ABOUT WEDNESDAY WORDS
Wednesday Words originated in 2009 as a special reading series featuring award-winning writers from the Nebraska Arts Council’s Individual Artist Fellowship in Literature program, sponsored by the Nebraska Arts Council and Nebraska independent publisher, The Backwaters Press.
Spend your lunch hour at our final reading of 2013 with Leo Adam Biga. Treat yourself to a feast for your ears as you listen to some of the finest in Nebraska writing.
FREE and open to the public.
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ author Leo Adam Biga doing book events Nov. 19, Nov. 23, Nov. 26, Dec. 3 and Dec. 11 (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Casting director John Jackson helps build Alexander Payne’s film worlds (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s New Film ‘Nebraska’ Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Local Color: Alexander Payne and Co. Mine the Prairie Poetry of His Home State in the New American Gothic Film, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
Check out my brand new Facebook page & Like it–
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
The work-in-progress page is devoted to my acclaimed book about the Oscar-winning filmmaker and his work.
“This is without question the single best study of Alexander Payne’s films, as well as the filmmaker himself and his filmmaking process. In charting the first two decades of Payne’s remarkable career, Leo Adam Biga pieces together an indelible portrait of an independent American artist, and one that’s conveyed largely in the filmmaker’s own words. This is an invaluable contribution to film history and criticism – and a sheer pleasure to read as well.” –Thomas Schatz, Film scholar and author (The Genius of the System)
The book sells for $25.95.
Available through Barnes & Noble, on Amazon, for Kindle and at other bookstores and gift shops nationwide.
Purchase it at–https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRORX1U?ref_=k4w_oembed_c1Anr6bJdAagnj&tag=kpembed-20&linkCode=kpd
You can also order signed copies by emailing the author at email@example.com.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden," "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" (a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker) "Open Wide" a biography of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, Leo Adam Biga's My Inside Stories at leoadambiga.com, is an online gallery of his work. The blog feeds into his Facebook page, My Inside Stories, as well as his Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Tumblr, About.Me and other social media platform pages.
- Of Dreamers and doers, and one nation indivisible under… leoadambiga.com/2017/02/21/of-… 1 day ago
- Refugees and asylees follow pathways to freedom, safety and new starts leoadambiga.com/2017/02/21/ref… 1 day ago
- Of Dreamers and doers, and one nation indivisible under… leoadambiga.com/2017/02/21/of-… https://t.co/B6tl8sHWGp 2 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Parenting the Second Time Around Holds Challenges and Delights for Senior Kinship Caregiver Theresa Glass Union, Who Always Puts Family First
- Back in the Day, Native Omaha Days is Reunion, Homecoming, Heritage Celebration and Party All in One
- A Contrary Path to Social Justice, The De Porres Club and the Fight for Equality in Omaha
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Prodigal Son, Marlin Briscoe Takes the Long Road Home (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- Lifetime Friends, Native Sons, Entrepreneurs Michael Green and Dick Davis Lead Efforts to Revive North Omaha and to Empower its Black Citizenry
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- The Brothers Sayers: Big Legend Gale Sayers and Little Legend Roger Sayers (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- Billy Melton Served with Omaha's "Sweet Sixteen" in the All Black 530th Quartermaster Battalion
- All Abide: Abide applies holistic approach to building community; Josh Dotzler now heads nonprofit started by his parents
- Of Dreamers and doers, and one nation indivisible under…
- Refugees and asylees follow pathways to freedom, safety and new starts
- Love affair with Afghanistan and international studies affords Tom Gouttierre world view like few others
- ‘The Incredible Shrinking Man’ and ‘Downsizing’ speak to each other and to us 60 years apart
- ‘King of Comedy’ a dark reflection of our times
- Catch me talking ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ on the podcast – ‘The Dustin Dales Show’
- A Tribute to Father Ken Vavrina – Sunday, Feb. 12 at St. Benedict’s
- Forty-five years later and ‘The Godfather’ still haunts us
- Dick Holland remembered for generous giving and warm friendship that improved organizations and lives
- What if Creighton’s hoops destiny team is not the men, but the women?
- ‘The Graduate’ revisited
- Glen Campbell’s sweet goodbye
- 617,483 hits
- “Nebraska Methodist College at 125: Scaling New Heights”
- ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden”
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Film Connections: How a 1968 convergence of future cinema greats in Ogallala, Neb. resulted in multiple films and enduring relationships
- Follow My Blog on Facebook, Networked Blogs, LinkedIn
- From the Archives…
- Going to Africa with The Champ
- Hire Me
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- My Amazon Author’s Page
- My Inside Stories, A Professional Writing Service by Omaha-Based Journalist, Author and Blogger Leo Adam Biga
- Nebraska Screen Heritage Project
- OUT TO WIN – THE ROOTS OF GREATNESS: OMAHA’S BLACK SPORTS LEGENDS
- Seeking Sponsors and Collaborators
- Passion Project. Introducing the new – “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”
No upcoming events