Spread the “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” gospel at Kiwanis Club of Omaha today
Many thanks to the fine folks at Kiwanis Club of Omaha for having me speak at their weekly meeting today at UNO’s Scott Conference Center. I presented on Alexander Payne and even sold 7 or 8 copies of the new edition of my book “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”. Though the number of regular club members present was relatively small, there were some special guests on hand whose presence helped make the event a nearly full house. Those guests included an award-winning Swedish journalist covering the U.S. presidential election and a large group of students from various southeast Asia countries. Thanks to John Wehrle for inviting me to present and to Andy Bradley for introducing me. What a nice bunch of people they and their fellow Kiwianians are and what good work they do.
SOME KIWANIS FACTOIDS
Kiwanis Club of Omaha
Hosts a weekly meeting every Friday at the Scott Conference Center, 6450 Pine Street at 11:45 a.m.. There is always a speaker with a relevant topic of happenings in the community or in the nation. The Club is proud to have welcomed Tom Osborne, Nebraska Governors and Lt. Governors, K.C. Federal Reserve President Esther George, as well as many local CEOs and presidents.
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time.
Call (402) 330-0777
MORE ALEXANDER PAYNE: HIS JOURNEY IN FILM NEWS
Look for announcements in the near future about new Alexander Payne book events I will be having at The Bookworm, Indigo Bridge Books in Lincoln, the two Barnes & Noble stores in Omaha and Our Bookstore in the Old Market’s Passageway. Hope to see you at one of these.
If you would like to book me to speak to your group, organization or club about Alexander Payne and the book, contact me at email@example.com or 402-445-4666 or Inbox me on Facebook. I have other topics areas I present on as well, including Nebraska’s Screen Heritage and Omaha’s Black Sports Legends.
Anyone up for hosting a private Alexander Payne book event at their home? If so, then contact me at the above email or phone number or Facebook me.
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
Check out my brand new Facebook page & Like it–
Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film
The work-in-progress page is devoted to my acclaimed book about the Oscar-winning filmmaker and his work.
“This is without question the single best study of Alexander Payne’s films, as well as the filmmaker himself and his filmmaking process. In charting the first two decades of Payne’s remarkable career, Leo Adam Biga pieces together an indelible portrait of an independent American artist, and one that’s conveyed largely in the filmmaker’s own words. This is an invaluable contribution to film history and criticism – and a sheer pleasure to read as well.” –Thomas Schatz, Film scholar and author (The Genius of the System)
The book sells for $25.95.
Available through Barnes & Noble, on Amazon, for Kindle and at other bookstores and gift shops nationwide.
Purchase it at–https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRORX1U?ref_=k4w_oembed_c1Anr6bJdAagnj&tag=kpembed-20&linkCode=kpd
You can also order signed copies by emailing the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Crossing Bridges: A Priest's Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden," "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" (a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker) "Open Wide" a biography of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, Leo Adam Biga's My Inside Stories at leoadambiga.com, is an online gallery of his work. The blog feeds into his Facebook page, My Inside Stories, as well as his Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Tumblr, About.Me and other social media platform pages.
- ‘The Incredible Shrinking Man’ and ‘Downsizing’ speak to each other and to us 60 years apart leoadambiga.com/2017/02/17/the… 3 days ago
- ‘The Incredible Shrinking Man’ and ‘Downsizing’ speak to each other and to us 60 years apart leoadambiga.com/2017/02/17/the… https://t.co/G4N2e81NsM 3 days ago
- Forget unfollowers, I believe in growing. 5 new followers in the last week! Stats via crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 4 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- A Contrary Path to Social Justice, The De Porres Club and the Fight for Equality in Omaha
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Omaha's Old Market: History, Stories, Places, Personalities, Characters
- Prodigal Son, Marlin Briscoe Takes the Long Road Home (from my Omaha Black Sports Legends series, Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness)
- Ron Stander, a One-Time Great White Hope, Still Making the Rounds for Friends in Need
- Author, Humorist, Folklorist Roger Welsch Tells the Stories of the American Soul and Soil
- Nancy Bounds, Timeless Arbiter of Fashion Beauty, Glamour, Poise
- Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores, Omaha, Lincoln, Greater Nebraska and Southwest Iowa
- Omaha Community Foundation: A Giving Connection Serving Those Who Serve
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- ‘The Incredible Shrinking Man’ and ‘Downsizing’ speak to each other and to us 60 years apart
- ‘King of Comedy’ a dark reflection of our times
- Catch me talking ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ on the podcast – ‘The Dustin Dales Show’
- A Tribute to Father Ken Vavrina – Sunday, Feb. 12 at St. Benedict’s
- Forty-five years later and ‘The Godfather’ still haunts us
- Dick Holland remembered for generous giving and warm friendship that improved organizations and lives
- What if Creighton’s hoops destiny team is not the men, but the women?
- ‘The Graduate’ revisited
- Glen Campbell’s sweet goodbye
- Cautionary tales of cinema, the culture war and Donald Trump
- Lisa Haselton’s interview with writer Leo Adam Biga
- Atticus Finch-Barack Obama give way to Bob Ewell-Donald Trump in this post-“To Kill a Mockingbird” world
- 616,721 hits
- “Nebraska Methodist College at 125: Scaling New Heights”
- ‘Crossing Bridges: A Priest’s Uplifting Life Among the Downtrodden”
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Film Connections: How a 1968 convergence of future cinema greats in Ogallala, Neb. resulted in multiple films and enduring relationships
- Follow My Blog on Facebook, Networked Blogs, LinkedIn
- From the Archives…
- Going to Africa with The Champ
- Hire Me
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- My Amazon Author’s Page
- My Inside Stories, A Professional Writing Service by Omaha-Based Journalist, Author and Blogger Leo Adam Biga
- Nebraska Screen Heritage Project
- OUT TO WIN – THE ROOTS OF GREATNESS: OMAHA’S BLACK SPORTS LEGENDS
- Seeking Sponsors and Collaborators
- Passion Project. Introducing the new – “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film”
No upcoming events